Monday 28 July 2008

Swing Me To Sunshine


At last I'm over the moon; I'm under the sun (Diamonds And Pearls - The Holloways).

Well, methinks it is time to get this words-and-pictures ball rolling. This is a poem I wrote last summer, but have since edited and refined. I thought it would be appropriate as Summer is - happily - now upon us.



Swing Me To Sunshine

Swing me to sunshine, and the sweet, lazy humming of summer

Swing me to fields of long grass swaying with the breeze

 

Swing me to vast, azure skies that touch the horizon on every side

And the whispering words of the soft-spoken trees

 

Swing me to the oppressive heat, and the stillness of the sultry air

Swing me to heavy, heady hours that drift out of mind

 

Swing me to the beat of the warming rays; back and forth

And the sepia-tinted, dark-framed view of the world

No comments:

Post a Comment